Last year’s first annual Ride for Ray event was a big success. Thanks to all of you who participated, we were able to raise just over $25,000! When we first came up with this idea for a tribute ride for Ray Spooner we had no idea how it would go. Thanks to everyone’s feedback from last year’s event we have decided to make a few changes to this year’s ride to make it BIGGER and BETTER!
The biggest change for this year is that we will be having a timed route of 124 miles! We are looking forward to seeing some fast riders this year. Last year’s unofficial time to beat was just under six hours. We fully expect this to be the fastest 124 mile ride in all of Champaign county this year. If you’re even the least bit competitive with yourself, then we highly encourage you to come out and show what you’ve got!
- There will be prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place times in both men’s and women’s categories (these will be posted at a later date).
- Awards will also be given to the individual and to the team with the highest fundraising amounts.
- There will be a banquet meal the night before the ride with a silent auction for some sweet prizes.
- We will have two other route options available: Metric Century 62 miles, and a 30 mile route.
- There will also still be a fun ride/walk around the park.
We will have more details soon! Start training now, and we will see you on June 9th!!
Follow us on Instagram @RideforRay for updates on registration and more information!
Register now! www.RideforRay.com